My baby was stillborn i want to try to conceive again how long should i wait and does it usually take longer afer a still born

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry for your loss, you are not alone. I was told you should skip at least one cycle but it's safest to wait six months. Good luck, you have my prayers.
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 6:06 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• how long should you wait....after such a loss I think a time frame would be difficult to attach. Maybe you should follow your health and your heart, with a lot of mental clear headed love from your mate. Sometimes we plan for things in life and the plan is the first thing that changes. What-could-have-beens are always so difficult to overcome, my opinion. But consider what will be! Take care of yourself....only you can do that.
    kbutts

Answer by kbutts at 6:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• my son was stillborn dec 5 2009 and they said after one period cycle i could try again...i didnt get pg untill 10 months later and found out i was not as emotionaly ready as ithought, and then to top it off i miscarried at 5 weeks. i was sad but realized i might need more time, thats differnt for everyone, i would trust your body and instincts and not to try where it consumes you...im so sory for your loss and hope all goes well this time *HUG*
    KPrice777

Answer by KPrice777 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• :*( sorry
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• sorry for your loss. U need to wait 6 weeks before u start trying again.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• im sorrySo sorry! I lost my daughter to stillbirth in 2000 at 34 weeks yes,minimum 6 weeks. I conceived 2 months after losing my daughter

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I don't have any experience with stillborns, but as far as I know, it often doesn't take long to get pregnant after one pregnancy. Of course it depends on the woman & the situation.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My oldest daughter died in utero in January of 2006 and was born via C-Section. I was told to wait 8 weeks because of the C-Section. I started trying 6 weeks after and concieved 6 months later. I would listen to your doctor about how long you should wait to resume sexual activity, but you should also give yourself time to grieve for your loss.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• hugsim sorryI am so vey sorry! This is something you should really discuss with you doctor. 

Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 11:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Sorry for your loss ((hugs)) They usually want you to give your body time to heal so that way the next pregnancy won't have any complications. Talk to your doctor to see what they think is best for you.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2011