What would you rather have (menu/flyer question)

You ladies have been wonderful with giving me advice on my business...so here's another one for you.

I have a menu of over 300 items, how would you rather receive something like this....
Example

Cake Balls
Choose your favorite flavor cake and frosting. If you would like a little added treat choose your favorite topping (coconut, peanuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans....etc etc)

or would you rather have a list of every cake ball I do. Along with other products, i have over 50 types of brownies.... I have to have this flyer printed out by Tuesday (I have a few people who are looking to place big orders)

Thanks in advance ladies.

kitchenwitch78

Asked by kitchenwitch78 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• For the cake balls I would list the cake flavor, type of chocolate, and toppings. For the brownies, I would list popular ones and then add more types available upon request. You don't want to overwhelm them but at the same time you want them to know what is available.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would have both, a basic flyer and a full fledged menu.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 7:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would go with the first option. As long as people know they have a choice of flavor and topping, and you list the flavors and toppings, it's very clear. Listing 300 options separately would be cumbersome to read. If you have suggested combinations with clear names "Peppermint patty," "turtle," etc.,) pointing some of those out would be worthwhile, but you want to be efficient enough to not turn people off.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The first.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would go with the first option. It would be much easier to choose from that kind of menu than choosing from a huge list. Also, it's more clear that, for example, you offer 6 types of cake with 10 types of frosting and 4 topping options.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would most like a list of the cake flavors you offer, the frosting flavors, and the items that can be added. I know that isn't exactly what you asked but if you leave it totally open ended you may have to run all over the place to get ingredients for odd flavors that peple want. Just food for thought...........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I like the first menu format the best, but to give it a little more interest maybe i would have a few of the best sellers displayed so you can show/suggest some ideas. many customers probably dont have any idea what they want, just what the occassion is. maybe a few suggested combinations would spark them in to ordering something (more expensive) else!
    suijuris

Answer by suijuris at 10:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2011