Do you ever take your child to the play place at the mall?

And if so, do you follow your kids around or just let them play freely?

The other day I took my 2 year old to the play place for the first time, I follow her all over the place because she doesn't really know how to take turns and such yet. I was so aggrevated that there were some older kids running all over all the place all crazy and almost knocking down some of the little ones over while the parents said and did nothing. We will probably never go there again. To me, that's not acceptable behavior and parents should be monitoring their kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ~*Yes*~... I used to follow them when they were really little, but now at 3 and 5 they have free play, and I make sure I have them both in my site... so conversation with other parents isn't at the top of my list... especially watching 2 of them!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• OH MY!! I took my daughter there recently and she was almost run over SEVERAL times! Yes, I followed her and I was super annoyed at the parents letting their 6+ year old kids play on things obviously meant for toddlers WHILE THERE WERE TODDLERS trying to use them. That's the last time I bring her there. I want her to be able to play and socialize...not watch her get injured by unsupervised kids who obviously haven't been taught much about respect or being gentle with toddlers/babies.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I take mine to inflatable World in the mall. They love it. Kids under 5 have a special area just for them here. I love the security there. No child leaves without being with an adult with a matching numbered armband. Any place you go there are always a few who let their kids run wild.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I don't like the fact that there are a lot of older kids running around in it...I always worry that something will happen to Kenzie bc she can't really defend herself against older kids...theyre def geared toasted younger kids, but I always see older kids in there...so we steer clear of it for the most part,...we tend to find a mcdonalds with a playplace
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 7:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• That should be towards..and I let her play in her own (she's almost 3)...she needs to learn there's a whole world outside of the days she and mom share lol
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 7:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I take my son to chuck e cheese if he earns more "green" days at school then yellow and gets no reds in a month. He loves it but either me or my husband follow him/ keep him in sight. I hate when other parents do not keep thier children in sight and monitor thier behavior, then again if they were raised with any kind of manners they wouldnt be running around like wild monkeys anyway.

lol last time we were thier my son accidentally bumped an elderly lady on his was to the rest room and stopped dead in his tracks witha "pardon me mam i'm sorry" The woman was so suprised she just stared at him untilhe got in the bathroom then chatted my ear off the whole time he was in there about how wonderful it was to see a child his age with manners. I was so proud i got him an extra $5 in tokens!
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• We don't have a mall out here but the one time I did let them play in one I followed my DD like a hawk cause I was afraid she was going to get trampled by the bigger kids. My son I just kept an eye on but he's a lot bigger than his sister and can pretty much defend himself if needed.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yeah we have had some problems at the mall play area too. It is not so much the older kids (we go during the afternoon on week days), it is the nasty little kids there. My daughter (4) has encountered the meanest kids at the mall. There is usually bratty little girls telling my daughter that she can't play with them or trying to tell me that my 17 month old isn't aloud on the slide because she is baby, or some kid pushing around another kid.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yeah, I take her sometimes, when she's behaved well enough. At first, I was really over-protective about it, but now I can sit there and watch her instead of chasing her around.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Nope. I see kids running around while the parents sit and do nothing.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2011