What is the best brand of cloth diapers?

hodgsonkc

Asked by hodgsonkc at 7:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Kushies the basic diaper.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 7:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'm sure you'd get tons of different answers - depending upon who you ask :) I just switched both my little ones to cloth and couldn't afford to invest a ton - so I went the ebay route. I much prefer the minky pockets we have because they're so soft.

I have a close friend with 2 in diapers and uses kushies and loves them - she has good friends who have invested in expensive ones and haven't liked them as well.

There are a few cloth diapering groups here on CM and in Cuties with Cloth Booties there are several WAHMs who make and sell some that look SUPER! In fact, I wish I could afford some of those myself right now! :) I'd go that route for sure!

Do your research and see what you feel like would work best for your lifestyle - there are so many different types it's crazy!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 7:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The one that fits your child and life style best. There are prefolds, fitted, all in ones etc and you need to decide which one is best for you. You also need to see which one fits your child best. I loved kissaluvs new born size and from there MotherEase fitted diapers (not the one size) and prefolds when they start solids. With my second child though the MotherEase did not seem to fit as well, but we didn't have the money to spend on others so I used them even though it meant I had more leaks.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Many of my girlfriends love Bum Genius!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 10:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i love per folds and covers! its cheap and easy to clean! i spent $100 and its lasted me a year and still going! and i can use them for the next baby as well! i would of spent $100 in 2 months if i was doing pampers!! but u need to find wat works best for ur family! cottonbabies.com has a trail package u can buy and it has a lo of different brands and styles of diapers u can try and see wat works best!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I love BumGenius.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have diaper service quality Indian prefolds that are so soft and absorbent. I love them and have no problem with my heavy wetter. Contains poop messes well and we use Econobum one size diaper covers. They have worked well but only after baby was no longer a newborn. Didn't quite fit well before and there were leaks but now they are awesome and a great price. We also use high quality birdseye flat fold diapers which are not quite as absorbent, but I still like them. They dry quicklly when line dried and can be hand washed if you absolutely must. Some people hate folding them, but I don't mind. I fold them all when they come off the line so DF can cloth diaper too lol. Some websites will let you try a diaper system and return them after 30 days if you don't like them, but I don't like to use everything from one system.
    wutluviz

Answer by wutluviz at 2:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Oh yea, I spent less than $100 on everything.You should consider that if your baby will go to daycare whether or not they will use the cloth diapers on your baby. Probably more likely to do so with all in ones than with prefolds or flat folds snappi'd or pinned under covers. and will your SO help with diaper changes if you use certain types? Somethiing to consider when choosing.
    wutluviz

Answer by wutluviz at 2:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2011