Who is your best friend?

Who do you consider your best friend? I know a lot of us out there don't have many friends (I know I don't) but is there someone you consider a best friend, even if you don't see them often? What makes them your best friend?

Mine is my roommate. I've only known him almost a year and a half, but I definitely consider him my best friend. We dated briefly last year, and when that didn't work, I was crushed. It took me awhile to realize that even though we weren't together, we still had something great. We make much better friends than we did a couple, and I'm extremely grateful for him. We do so much together - watch TV, go to movies, drink - and when my son comes to visit, he absolutely loves him... they got along really well. He's my best friend because he has seen the best and worst of me and he still sticks around. He's really the only friend I see on a regular basis, because I'm kind of anti-social, but I love things the way they are. :)

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• My best friend is David. We have known one another for 17 yrs. He was there to support me when I had a stroke. I was there to support him when his wife died of cancer. We laugh together, we talk about everything. We have community service work in common. He is a Private Investigator. When we still lived close I use to help him on investigations. He was always there to help when my husband was deployed. He and my husband get a long great. People tell me all the time Men and Women 'can't be friends because sex gets in the way" NO, it doesn't when you're an adult and you took your vows seriously it isn't even on the radar. I would never go there...and David would never go there. He loves my family too much to disrespect them that way. When he had cancer last yr he came and stayed with us for 3 months. He is the best, best friend you can imagine.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My daughter.

We were reunited last September 25 years after I placed her for adoption and it was the best day of my life. We had a bit of a rocky road earlier in 2010, trying to figure out the dynamics of it all, I think. But we now "chat"/text EVERY day and we're more like friends than mother/daughter. She HAS a mom and I just feel fortunate to be a part of her life now. Even though we're more like friends, we ARE family, there's no doubt and there's nothing I wouldn't do for her.

5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 8:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Myself
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My best friend has been my friend from childhood... we knew each other as babies, went all through school together, and have always been close. We have a lot in common, even though we lead very different lives (I'm married for twelve years with three kids, she's single and doesn't want to get married or have kids at all.) She's like a sister to me... I'm an only child and she's one of the very few people I have known my whole life.

I'm also close to some of my cousins, and would consider one of them a best friend too.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My SO is definitely my best friend we do everything together. He is the male version of me.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 7:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My husband, and after that my roomy from college

Answer by Bmat at 7:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• MY DH and my mother is my bestfriends.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My mom. She always has been. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My awesome wonderful hubby. After that my dear friend Jenn.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i dont have one
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2011