I think my 8 yr old needs an increase in his ADHD med. It doesn't seem to be working like it did at first.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• you need to talk tot he doctor they may have to switch it , or it may not be the right dose. My oldest is going to be evaluated month to month. to see how it is working for her.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• As ADHD kids grow their meds will need to be tweaked periodically. Our pediatrician wants us and the teacher to do Vanderbilt assessments every 6 months minimum.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• A person's reaction to the meds will also change as the body adjusts to it. The doc could readjust based on that if you go see him.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Call the doctor and have them reassess. Just don't be tempted to add anything on your own . . .including herbals.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2011