Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have little bumps on my nipple around the areola(sp) what is it.... adult content

any body else have it

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Health

Answers (2)
  • Yep, totally normal.

    Answer by AdensMama0308 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • They are called Montgomery glands or areolar skin glands. Their function is partially unknown, but scientists suppose they are there to lubricate the nipple/areola area. These Montgomery glands can be about unnoticeable, OR stand out as bumps on the areola. They often become more prominent during pregnancy. Also, it appears they are white in some women.

    Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.