Stress?

Can stress cause you to misscarry? I have a heart condition where I am on bed rest and that leads to constant fights between husband and myself, he doesn't like that I can't help, he complains that I am stuck in a bed. When I stand there are chances that I black out and fall and risk the baby. I am meant to be sleeping but he woke me by blasting wrestling vids on youtube, could these be risking the baby's and my health or are the doctors worrying me too much.

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 7:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if your worried get him some earphones to use.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Well, clearly you are married to a 13 year old so that's your first problem. What a jerk! If it was me, I'd tell him he needs to go stay somewhere else for a few days.

Yes, stress is horrible for you & your baby. Our son was hospitalized when I was early in one of my pregnancies (I've lost 3) and I fully believe the stress of him being so sick along with getting no sleep at all while I was there with him, played a huge part in us losing that baby I was carrying at the time.

So tell your d-bag of a husband to get out of the house for a few days till he can grow up and show you some respect. Good luck and feel better soon!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 8:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have lost two already.. and didn't know why they were early miscarriages.. but I have made it to 24 weeks.. I just keep hoping she is strong.
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Stress usually only causes miscarriage in the 1st trimester. However, it still does negatively affect the baby through your entire pregnancy. You can find articles online that show the link from stress to poor health and premature babies. Maybe you could read them and discuss them with the hubby. Good luck!
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• now im worried since Ive been very stressed since the beginning of this pregnancy ive made it to 20wks but the stress is very high
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011