Do anyone have a flat range stove?

I have a smooth or flat top stove and can not seem to find good pots. What pots are good for this type of stove? I would like to stop purchasing pots and throwing them or giving them away.

scmedicalasst

Asked by scmedicalasst at 7:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My MIL has a flat top stove and LOVES her Rachel Ray set.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have a flat top stove. Love it. I just use my old Revere stuff and stuff we got from Target. Nothing fancy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have one and I use any old pot, I don't have to use a specific kind.

Answer by older at 8:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My mother in law bought us a really nice set of stainless steel Cuisinart cookware when we moved into a place with a flat top range. Mostly because our crappy, cheap set wouldn't sit flat on the range. We bought a few new nonstick pans to go with it. A flat griddle, and a large skillet.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You absolutely have to have a good quality of stainless steel. You get what you pay for and aluminum warps fast. Rachel Ray, All-Clad, and the like. I have All-Clad (seconds found a TJ Maxx by my dad) and for skillets - Rachel Ray. Giada DeLaurentis also has a good line at Target. Don't use glass cookware as it can fuse to the glass cooktop. And you can use cast iron, BUT must not move it across the surface of the stove....it has to be placed gently down directly on the cooking surface.
    The bottoms should not be painted as the paint can fuse to the cooktop. Same with enamel cookware - the enamel can fuse to the cooktop. Calphalon is good - but I can't use it on mine since the core is aluminum.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My 35 yr old 18/10 stainless stell. The will never warp :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I do have a flat range stove. I only have Cusinart and Emil Lassage (sp??) cookware. They have been excellent! They are all stainless steel and different interior coating/finish. .
    Runningmom75

Answer by Runningmom75 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Kohls sells a great set from Food Network. We have a gas stove though. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My pots & pans are from Amway and pampered chef, but any should work just fine.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• "Choose heavy cookware metals. Avoid cheap, lightweight aluminum and opt instead for stainless steel or heavyweight aluminum. These metals provide a better transfer of heat to the food. Do not use cast-iron, stoneware or glass cookware. Inefficient heat transfer and the higher likelihood of scratching the glass surface make these materials poor cookware choices."

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2011