Lazy people

Its hard to be the boss when you know half the people you work with are lazy? Anyone else work with lazy people?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• My manager at my old job was THE laziest person I have ever met..she would go into her office and stay in there most of my shift, just playing on her phone! It was so bad, she didn't even train me - just put me at the register my first day and expected me to know what I was doing on a computer and program I'd never used. Customers were unhappy, to say the least.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• All the time.
    FlowerLilyDaisy

Answer by FlowerLilyDaisy at 8:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Replace them. It is not fair to the non-lazy people to have lazy co-workers.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• ust to , now i still live with one.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• If your the boss, I would say get rid of them and hire people who want to be there and acutally work. = )
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would give them a time to finish their work, and if they didn't they would be written up, then if they didn't improve, they would be let go. There are too many people looking for work to put up with lazy people.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:20 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I used to then they laid me off lol I dont understand how that company is dealing with this right now.
    PyraLynne

Answer by PyraLynne at 8:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• lol I bet it is hard to be the boss period. The people I work with tried to tell me I was slow but I just thought it was better to stay calm than freak out like they do. I am not lazy, I promise.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 8:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'll take the lazy co-worker if you'll take my mean and nasty attitude co-worker! It's hard to deal with, but we need our jobs, so we somehow have to deal with it. try talking to your co-worker to see if you can work something out.
    suijuris

Answer by suijuris at 10:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• ALL THE TIME. It's frustrating beyond words. The lazy people I deal with are very good with words and the lazier people on top of them go along with it. They get paid 6-figure salary and spout of a bunch of words like "transformation, market penetration, run rate savings, enterprise value" that absolute mean nothing. Ugh!!!! Don't get me started.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2011