Cooking question need help ASAP

Ok so all day i was planning on making oven baked Jojos as a side dish..I already cut up the potatoes and then went to get out the stuff i needed for the mixture you coat them with and i have NO flour and NO way to go to the store to get any!! is there anything i can do to make the Jojos without flour!!! Need an answer by 5:30 PLEASE HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Borrow some flour from a neighbor?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Corn meal or corn starch might be able to be used if you have those. You could also make bread crumbs out of crackers or use regular bread crumbs. Also, you could just make steak fries and season them without the flour. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I tried they are not home :(

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• steak fries and season them without the flour

how?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would suggest cornstarch? Or Panko bread cumbs?
    Is the flour to coat them? I think cornstarch would work but dont overdo the amount. Try foodnetwork or google it online as well? Another good site is About.com
    PyraLynne

Answer by PyraLynne at 8:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I season the cut up potatoes with season salt and garlic salt and black pepper (you can use plain salt and pepper or any seasons you want) and bake them in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until tender
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I just Googled it and you can dip them in melted butter and then fine breadcrumbs OR dip them in egg and then spices you like. Good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2011