AKC t cup puppies

8 weeks old im trying to sell my puppies they have all there shots and there AKC papers there are all females and im in Brooklyn trying to see if i can get a website to sell them.

MommyG203

Asked by MommyG203 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pets

• Awwwwww......I wanna' see pics
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 8:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Petfinder.com? Craig's list?
    Not sure, havent looked into selling, only buying.
    PyraLynne

Answer by PyraLynne at 8:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Not to sound rude but------- I think your puppies are to young to leave.I raise Yorkies and Shih Tzus and they stay until they are at least 10 weeks old.They really need this time to be with their mother and littermates to learn alot of social things,ie:how to play nice,learn to trust humans,etc.They also need to be watched closely to make sure they eat enough so they don't become hypoglycemic.The little guys can go bad so darn fast.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You can't AKC register anything TCUP!!! Nice try!
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Look I have AKC papers for the t cups and there are real im from new york city
    MommyG203

Comment by MommyG203 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• AKC means squat! Any back yard breeder or puppy mill can have an aKC registered dog. It does not mean the dog has quality breeding. I don't trust any "breeder" that breeds Teacup anything. These teacups are typically poorly bred dogs or the runts taken from other breeders. Teacups are not recognized as part of a breed because they do not meet the standards for the breeds they are supposed to represent.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Tikismom knows what she is talking about. Many yorkie puppies have that problem with blood sugar levels, and the smaller they are, the more likely they are to have difficulty and possible death. Liver shunts are another serious problem in this breed, which is also directly correlated to smaller size. They can die. Any yorkie under 4 pounds is often unhealthy and often sold as a teacup.

You can have AKC papers, but nothing stating teacup from AKC. Furthermore, any yorkie breeder worth their salt would be insulted if you called their puppies teacups. Because they know that pet stores and unethical breeders sell undersized, sick puppies as teacups only to rake in as much $$$ as possible and to take advantage.

I am not sure how you are breeding yorkies and unaware of all of these issues surrounding "teacup" yorkies. It makes me feel a little concerned for your future pet owners who are going to be just as clueless I am afraid.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• There is NO SUCH THING as teacup anything! They are just unhealthy runts bred to other unhealthy runts so backyard breeders and puppy mills can screw uneducated people over by charging insane amounts of money for a cutesie name! I also agree that AKC doesn't mean much. The dogs/puppies registered only have to purebred...no matter what their genetic health is. Both of my Shelties are registered, but it doesn't mean a thing to me as I would NEVER breed them (they are spayed/neutered) or even show them. Even if I did want to breed them, it wouldn't be right since my male is hugely oversized for the breed standard (not overweight). Atleast I am educated enough to know that!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 11:47 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Teacups are just the runts from litters of the standard breeds. They are not recognized by AKC.  They usually are not very healthy either. They may be able to have papers but those papers do not mean much. They certainly do not guarantee that the dogs being bred are healthy and well bred. Puppy mills and back yard breeders have AKC papers for their dogs.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2011