She's slept mot of the day..sickness

We've all been down with a cold the past two weeks...but dd seems to have it the worst...and she was the first to get it..it's been a runny nose, and cough...and has turned into a dry cough..I've been giving her a teaspoon of benadryl when she wakes up in the morning and before she goes to bed so she'll actually be able to sleep without such a horrible cough..yes, it's been ok'd by her doc...well last night she was running a little bit of a fever so I gave her some Tylenol (no benadryl) before she went to bed..and this morning she was just lying around, didn't want to get up..when she finally got up she was acting fine, so we took her to mcdonalds for lunch and play (it's too cold to go to the park), and she wound up falling asleep beside me in the booth after playing for about 30 minutes...and slept until we got to target..she was up for maybe an hour (including target), and has been asleep since probably 4..it's 5:15 here...she got up at 10, but wasn't fully up until about 10:30 when we got around to go to mcdonalds..her apetite has been fine, and she didn't seem to have a fever this morning..but I'm starting to get a little concerned since she isn't over this..is there anything I can do to help her?..or do I just let her sleep it off?...she's 2 1/2 btw (3 in June)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Kids' Health

• baby dustI JUST LET MY KIDS SLEEP

letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Are you still giving her Benadryl? If so, I'd stop.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Just at night so she's not up all night hacking up a lung.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Stop the Benedryl and let her sleep. SHe obviously needs the sleep to get better. Run a vaporizer at night when she sleeps, elevate her head.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2011