17 year old wants belly button pierce???

I am an old fashion mom.... My questions is how do you feel about a 17 wanting a belly button pierce?? I like to keep her as clean as possible since I don't have much time left where I am able to tell her what to do??lol what do you think?

mybabyjr

Asked by mybabyjr at 8:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I dont see it as an issue but she cant sign without you until 18. IF you are bothered by it then it wont kill her to wait another year
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• And as far as clean goes I get what you mean. But a piercing is not permanent like a tattoo
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would not allow it. When my child(ren) turns 18, and can pay for it, more power to them.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i like pierces , it would be no problem at 17 ,

letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would make her wait. I have belly button piercing issues anyway. Once they have it pierced..they want to show it off..and THAT is where my issue is.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My mom let me at 14!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I got mine pierced when I was 15 at a party by a friend who did piercing for a living. I didn't want it to show it off, it was just something I wanted. I had to take it out when I had my son and got it re-pierced after he was born. Most the time I wear tankinis in the summer, so no one even knows its there. I'd let her at 17, my thought is it's not as permanent as a tattoo, so as she gets older if she doesn't like it, it's easily removed. A tattoo is more something to wait on, because there's no going back, and lots of people who at 17 wanted one no longer do at 50.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I personally would try to get her to wait one more year. They grow fast and time will only tell if she is even ready to take care of the belly ring. Tell her the risk and responsibilities that come with it. If it was my child i would say you can do what you want to do with ur body ONLY after you have moved out of my house.
    blackpanther75

Answer by blackpanther75 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Since she's 17 I would let her. I would also make sure to have to the talk about self image and respecting yourself because everthing with kids now days leads to sex and sexy. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 8:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• 17, I would allow her. If not, she will get it when she is 18. No doubt, it's not a crazy piercing. She isn't going to loose interest in it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011