Acne and makeup

I've asked this before, but I didn't get to many answers.

So I ask again.

Ladies with acne prone skin and acne scarring...what kind of makeup do you use? Primer? Foundation? Moisturizer? Concealer?

I'm getting my acne under control thank goodness. After the 100's of products I have tried all it took was 3 products. A total of about 30 bucks every 2 months. LoL

Now I want to cover the scars up without jeopardizing all that I've worked for.

So please ladies... what do you all use?

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 8:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Neutrogena just came out with a new concealer that covers really well and has Salicylic Acid to treat the skin. I like it. It's called Neutrogena SkinClearing Blemish Concealer. On top of that, I just use pressed powder. I can't stand wearing foundation.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Oh, I can't say enough about bareMinerals!!!! If you haven't tried it, please do! With one product, you can even out, cover, conceal, hide redness . . . amazing, amazing!!!
    And, it doesn't irritate or clog pores.
    I said goodbye to two different concealers, wet make-up and sponges and said hello to a two minute application of bareMinerals.

:)

Plus, it looks totally natural!
    I know, I sound like an infomercial, but I can't help it. I love it!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Hey ladies just wondering I suffer the same issues. ANd I've tried mineral makeup sheer cover. I don't believe that I am using it right, see I am afraid to use the cleanser and lotion it comes with because I don't want to break out more. I am having ALOT! Of acne atm..and don't know what to use anymore to clear it. Heal scarring etc. I have used aveeno cream cleanser for problem skin. And it's not really doing the best job. So, because of the acne flarring up whenever..I am needed new concealer..cover up. Does bareminerals come with the precleanser, lotion to apply before wearing it? I mean is that what I need to do to actually keep the make up on my skin?

Hmmm, maybe I should just try it. Anyhoo, annoyed with adult acne at 32 and haven't found anything to cure it!!!
    Need help covering it.
    logankaysmomi

Answer by logankaysmomi at 11:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'm an esthetician... licensed but quit to become a stay at home mom....

WHen you are getting your acne under control, I would NOT use make up at all unless you REALLY have to. If you're just staying around the house..ditch it.

If you go out...do use something like bare minerals... and wash your face EVERY night before bed...
    MrsDwyer77

Answer by MrsDwyer77 at 1:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• they have proacitve foundation and power that treats acne.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 1:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have to keep it simple. I use Almay smart shade makeup for oily skin. I can't use anything with sunscreen in it and I have to be careful what lotion I put on. No matter what I use it keeps my skin oily. I don't use a primer. It is too much. I use Almay's acne concealer stick and that has helped a lot
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:34 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• best bet is to go to a facial technician or a make up stylist. They will assess your skin type, and then tell you the best products to use. Just because you have acne does NOT mean you share the same skin type as the next person with acne, so some without an assessment of your skin type and condition, the products listed above may NOT work for your skin type. Not only will the facial technician tell you the best products to use as make up, but also better ways to care for your acne.
    Acne is more than a skin disorder, it is also do to other problems. Diet, and stress are the leading causes of acne, so just changing your diet and finding a way to reduce stress can help get rid of acne better than any leading topical skin agents.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011