Sticky Situation :/

My boyfriend of about 1year changed his mind about being in a relationship. He said he wants to be "single". The second he told me that I've tried to be distant.. except for the fact that he calls and texts almost every hour. I'm fine with that because I practically fell in love with him but I'm confused by the signals he's giving. Like the purpose of him being single is "so he doesn't hurt me".... well when my heart is rocks like right now I'm already hurt.
What should I do? What should I say?

Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• knowing me If I were in your situation I would cut all ties with him if he really wants to be single. Why let him drag you along and let him hurt your feelings as you grow deeper in love with him. Why not just move on? If he wants you he will come calling!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Tell him you need distance because you are already hurting be honest.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• If he wants to be single, you need to tell him that he is now single. That means no texts and phone calls. He made his decision and now he has to live with it.

The ball is in your court. You can move on. Or you can let him have all the decision making abilities and mess with your heart at will. I vote for you.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I agree with all of you but the problem is if I let him go because he made the decision on breaking up then I might loose him for good. And like I said I really really like him. Do you ladies think that because the fact that he keeps texting and calling that he still has feelings and possibly wants to get back together soon? :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• He's keeping you on the side until someone better comes along. He's texting and calling you because that person hasn't come along. I know you really really like him...by being accomodating to him (generally men), it usually doens't work. Go on with your life, be independent, have fun with your girlfriends, meet lots of other people who happen to be guys...he'll come around...and maybe by that time you'll actually find someone who appreciates you and holds on to you, rather than someone who says D-xch bag kind of comments "I want to be single" while calling/texting you every hour.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• He is just stringing you along, he knows how you feel and is taking full advantage of it, you have been together for a year and then all of a sudden he needs a break bs cut all communication with him you are setting yourself up for a huge heart break Hun

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 9:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Tell him to back off. That he's causing more damage then good.
    He wants to keep you around incase nothing better comes along. You are only allowing him to string you along.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• it sounds like he is sleeping with someone else and keeping you for an emotional relationship and because you are not technically together it is not cheating. sounds like a creep. don't worry , you will love again.
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'd cut all ties. He doesn't 'want to hurt you' because he's got someone else already. Therefore, I'd tell him to stop texting me and such and he can go have his fun and then someday realize what he was missing. But by then, I'd have moved on.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2011