Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

A what would u do question.... adult content

My older brother sexually molested my younger brother and sister. It came out a few years ago. He took off out of state. He didn't keep in touch for a lot of years. Recently he called my mom and said he was dating a woman with 7 kids.

My mom thinks he's changed and is finally getting his act together ( he did a lot of drugs). I think he's using this woman to get to her kids.

What would you do if it was your brother? And how would you track down this woman and let her know his past (or would you even call her)? He's in a whole nother state and I have none of his information other than his name and bithdate.

I'm torn between what to do and how to do it.


Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (17)
  • I don't know how you find him but I think you have to try. If you tell this other woman of his past at least you have done as much as you can to protect those children. Maybe start by asking anyone else who could know where he is- old friends, relatives, search online and see what you can find, etc. I hope you have some luck.

    Answer by MaryMW at 9:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • I would tell her and the police. We are never going to keep our children safe if we just keep letting them go. GL

    Answer by aheuszel at 8:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • i would try and contact her , and hope she would talk to me.

    Answer by letstalk747 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Find her and warn her chances are she does not know.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • tell her before he hurts another child

    Answer by MELRN at 8:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • so tell your mom you've come to your senses and would simply like to speak with your brother....kinda like reunite...then see if she'll look at her phone bill..then warn the girlfriend

    Answer by tnteaton at 9:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • How would you try to find her? I have no info other than my brothers name and her name. Both have common names. Also i'm not 100% she's a legal citizan. She's hispanic and has a really common name.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • I don't know they're adress, just the state they are in!!

    Do I just call the state police? Would anyone even listen to me?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Is the number he called from on your mother's phone or bill?

    Answer by tootoobusy at 8:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • She'd never let me look. She thinks he's" changed"

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011