How bad is douching? adult content

I was thinking on douching and i know that it is supposedly bad for you and I know the reasoning why it is bad for you... But is there any good things about douching? I know this is gross but I have always had ALOT of vaginal wetness... Im a heavier person and the down there area is in a more closed area and I want to douch so that I can feel a little more cleaner about that area... Now i do take daily showers and use fresh wipes when I go to the bathroom. If i was going to douche, what is the best brand to get? I noticed at Walmart that they have medicated douche, what is that for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Health

• I would think douching would aggravate the problems. I would advise asking your gyno about it. I also would suggest sleeping naked at night, or just a shirt but no panties or anything down there. This allows you to "breath". It's very healthy for you!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would say talk to your Dr about this situation you don't want to aggraviate anything that may be dwelling down there. You are supposed to only use warm water to actually wash your gurlfriend down there. Its very sensative and you dont want to mess up the PH balance then that causes all kinds of issues.
    blackpanther75

Answer by blackpanther75 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I've heard it messes up your natural balance in there and kills bacterias that keep you healthy in there. I've never done it - don't need nor want to.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My doc told me not to use douches like summers eve because they aggravate and can cause problems. They strip you of the chemicals you actually need down there.

He did tell me I could use rephresh. I've been using it for a few months and havent had a problem. I also agree with 2blonde.
    I sleep commando almost every night and it helps.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• thanks ladies, but i actually do sleep naked most nights... I have been to the doctor, I dont get yeast infections easily, Im pretty clean down there, i just dont like the feeling... Just a tiny bit of sweat or even discharge makes me feel nasty... As normal as discharge is, I HATE IT! I dont have any infections or anything. I just want to try something or do something that would help me feel better or cleaner or fresher about myself...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Where do you buy your refresh douches at? Do they sale them at walmart?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• don't douch it's not good for you. start using panty liners
    Anonymous

• i have used pantiliners but they cause me irritation down there...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You should use gold bond medicated powder, or something of that nature. You should also talk to your Dr. He/she will give you the best advice and the main reasons NOT to use a douche. It can cause an imbalance in the bacteria in your vagina, and then you'll have more problems... If you don't want to take my word for it, then please speak to your Dr...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• is gold bond meciated powder safe for vaginal use???? like can you put it down there safely?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2011