Do you straighten your hair? If so do you use anything to protect it before you straighten it?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Health

• I used to straighten it, and I never used anything beforehand. I don't straighten it anymore, I learned to love my natural waves and love them almost as much as my natural color. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The key is to stay away from products that contain alcohol. Rather look for ones that do not, such as Enjoy Hair and Skin Treatment Oil or CHI Silk Infusion. Products such as CHI Hot Iron Spray actually DO contain alcohol, so stay away from that one. I absolutely love the Enjoy Hair and Skin Treatment Oil because it's weightless, non-greasy, a heat protectent and resists humidity. CHI Silk Infusion is a great product, but it's not non-greasy. Too much and your hair will be weighed down significantly.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I don't use anything before hand...but I have a CHI, I've had it for 5-6yrs, and it still works great! I don't get to straighten it that often, because I work in a restaurant, so my hair is always pulled back, but I love it when I get to!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 9:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Chi infusion
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 12:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I use Got2B smoothing balm and a spray that you spray on as you flat iron it. Love the brand
    CwbysLdi

Answer by CwbysLdi at 4:29 AM on Feb. 22, 2011