What would you do if your husband or S/O said that he wants you to be thinner and he likes when you to straighten your hair?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell him I like it when I am thinner and am working on it. Great I will get my hair straightened.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• If he made a comment that he likes when I straighten my hair, it wouldn't bother me. Sometimes I straighten my hair, sometimes I don't. He is allowed to like it one way over the other. As long as he doesn't harp on me one the days that I don't, we won't have an issue.
    BUT, if he said he wants me to be thinner, we would have an issue. I am who I am. If he suddenly decides he doens't like me that way, he can kiss my butt.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would wonder what he's gonna think in 10 or 20 more years... He married you for how you are- not how you look
    *or at least I'd hope so
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ha first got with my DH I had lost 80 pounds, he did not know that, he looked at me when I said I can't wait to be an 8, he said well what is wron with a 6? Why don't you get your hair cut short, and wear this. That was four years ago and history
    2aremine

Answer by 2aremine at 8:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• If you like your hair straight also, tell him you will do it when you have time. If you don't like your hair straight, just say "thanks".If you are happy with your weight then tell him "nope" but if you agree then tell him you are working on it.

I don't change for the other person if I am happy how I am.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Well I'm 5'0 and 100lbs (before pregnancy) so if SO told me he wanted me to be thinner I'd send him to an anorexic clinic to find a date. However, if he said he liked my hair straightened then I'd straighten my hair. He prefers my hair shorter then longer, and although I like it long I usually keep it short because he compliments it more.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would agree with him. There are not many people who could not afford to loose a few lbs. My hair is straight but I do streightne it for a more refined look.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would exercise more and play with my hair.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 9:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Weight, working on it.

Straighten my hair?? Hell no!!!!

Start looking for another man WHO LIKES YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE. The weight thing, you do for YOURSELF, not him!

You are beautiful baby, don't forget that...
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I would throw a pillow at him and tell him he could buff it up and grow some hair himself. :P

Neither of us look like we did when we got married. So kiss mine.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2011