Could this be back labor?

This has been happening at least once a day for a week now (its NOT braxton hicks,but I am getting those too)- I am having severe pain from my mid back shooting down to my lower back (it shot up one time) and around one and or both sides of my ribs. My stomach doesn't feel hard to me but when this pain comes I feel extremely nauseated!!! I am 32 weeks and was induced with my first 2 and only had front contractions with them so this pain is new to me. Just wondering what is going on. I will call a nurse tomorrow to see what they think, but trying to find out from some other moms if that's what this could be. Thanks.

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 8:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• could just be the beginning of labor
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I had back labor with my third (born february 12th of this year) ... And it felt like severe menstral cramps radiating into the feeling like I had to have a major bowel movement. The pain went from my lower back and down into my rectal area. It was terribly painful almost like I was trying to pass a mack truck. Which in my case was about the same, as my son was 9 lbs 5 oz's. It will gradually become consistant and be timeable overtime just as stomach contractions would. I had absolutely no stomach contractions with this labor, which is where the stomach muscles contract and the stomach hardens with each one. I only had back labor throughout the entire labor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I had lots of pain in my lower back toward the end of my pregnancy... and awful back labor. A heating pad helps temendously!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 10:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• This sounds more like a nerve pain to me. Try light stretching and heat. (bath works best for me) Good luck!
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• So just thought I would respond to my own post letting others know in case they came across it. This turned out to be gallstones. They will be taking my gallbladder out after delivery. And after many many many attacks later I can now tell anyone that gallbladder attacks are soooo much worse than ANY labor and delivery pains!!!! Mine have ranged from 10 minutes up to 2 and a half hours and most always accompanied by puking and sooo much pain (and I am pretty tolerant to pain!)

hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011