How do i discipline my teenager son after catching him having sex in my house ?

my son is 17 and he thought i left the house , i knocked on his door and caught him and his girlfriend having sex !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• It is not so much discipline as talk to him and discuss safety and responsibility.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Well........ what were the rules set about that?
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Take his privledges away, and don't allow females into the house. Give him condoms. He will find a way.
    2aremine

Answer by 2aremine at 8:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't discipline him. I would talk to him about using condoms. If he can't do it at home, believe me he will find another place to do it.
    Anonymous

• At 17 he's going to have sex. Better he's able to do it at home and be honest with you about what he's doing than feel he has the need to hide it. You should already have covered safety and responsibility, but if you haven't you need to now. If you have, then it's time to reinforce...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The first thing I would do is call the GFs parents. Were they using protection? That's the first conversation I'd have with him. When my husband walked in on my son (he thought we weren't coming home until late) he lost the door to his room for about 6 months. You break the rules and lose trust you lose some privilege of privacy too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Being responsibe is number one. Id take him to the dr for an AIDS test and see if that wakes him up a bit. He may not stop having sex but at least he'll learn to be responsible and fear the consequences. Teens need to realize that its not all about pregnancy. AIDS/STDS are far worse. I also agree with grneyedgrandma about removing the door.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• OMG I would have died. But what's done is done and you may want to sit him and the girlfriend down and speak to them. Maybe even take them both to a birth control class.
    scmedicalasst

Answer by scmedicalasst at 9:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• He is 17, there isn't a whole lot of disciplining will do for this. I would go over again the birds and the bees, have him go buy condoms (if you are not mature enough to buy them then you aren't mature enough to have sex.) and ensure he knows about all the diseases. Ensure it is an inform decisions. And I would talk with her as well.
    Ensure he knows this is not appropriate behavior for him and it will not be tolerated in the house. Make him earn his trust back. If this wasn't the first incident, take the door away.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Really if he is already doing it...grounding him or taking away privilegesisn't going to do much...make sure he is being safe and understands the consequences of his actions. if you are set punishment maybe make him babysit an infant...that might help him understand what may happen if he is not careful!

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011