How old does an infant have to be to fly in an airplane?

Whats the recommended age?

tmommy1108

Asked by tmommy1108 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think the baby could be just a few days old... but most airlines will require a dr's note stated that it is ok for the baby to travel. i wouldnt reccommend traveling before baby's first check up. call your airline and speak to a pediatrician before you book your flight
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 10:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I was told by my doctor that you should wait until the baby is 6 weeks old because being in close contact with so many people's germs can overwhelm a smaller baby. I flew when my daughter was 3 months old, just make sure you have a pacifier, enough formula, or have enough water for yourself if you are breastfeeding as sucking helps babies with change in air pressure. Good luck!
    RiahP87

Answer by RiahP87 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i wouldnt until at least 2 months old. doctors say dont let the baby outside for a month and planes are so icky with so many different germs. ask the doctor.
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 1:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2008