Hoe many kids can you nwatch at once with out fiing for a license - what is the state minimum

TaylorBuz

Asked by TaylorBuz at 10:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• I do not know what state you are in but in California you can only watch one family(doesn't matter how many childrens as long as they are from the same family)
    Sonshiner

Answer by Sonshiner at 10:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• In PA it is three
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I'm pretty sure ti varies from state to state. Check in to it but a good rule of thumb is if your overwhelmed its too many. There also tends to be restrictions based on age. Like the number fo babies you can watch is probably much lower than the number of school age children you could watch
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• here in New York its by counties, such a pain the a$$ cause I lived in Chemung County a year ago and they let you watch four kids at a time while getting certified and it only took a few weeks after you got the paper work in. But now Im in Steuben County which is only 15 minutes from chemung and i can only two kids at a time. Also the certificiation they said takes up to 90 days. im like ok what ever. Im already watching my twin nephews but I know of other familes tha could use daycare and I would get better pay. dang New York state. its ok though cause right now im working under the table.
    Anonymous

• In Texas you can watch 3 unrelated children without being licensed. However, you have to be Listed with the State for watching those 3 unrelated children.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2008