A couple of breastfeeding questions

What did you eat to keep healthy and keep the weight coming off while breastfeeding.

How much weight did you loose breastfeeding?

How much easier and why is it easier to breastfeed than bottle feed?

beautifulkirei

Asked by beautifulkirei at 9:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh, I never lost anything from breastfeeding, but alot of women say that they do. My appetite was so elevated, that the I ate all of the calories I expended.

Both breast and bottle have their advantages. I appreciated not having to go to the kitchen in the middle of the night.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I ate regular LARGE meals while breastfeeding, but very few snack (meaning junk food). If I get really hungry (usually right after nursing or pumping), I grab a handful of almonds. NO soda, no juice and no candies (dark chocolates ok). I lost about 30-35 lbs while breastfeeding over 7-8 months, although I am not 100% sure it's due to breasfeeding alone. I returned to work full-time after 3 months and it was very exhausting. I chose breasfeeding b/c I believe it gives the baby best source of nutrient. I don't think it's easier for the simple fact that all the feeding is on you, you alone will be getting up most nights during time you breastfeed.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I gained 24 pounds when I was pregnant, and did a pregnancy workout every day. I breastfed, was back working out at four weeks post-partum and lost all of the weigh gain in around ten weeks

Answer by rkoloms at 10:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I lost most of my weight in the first couple weeks I breastfed. I had lost about 30 out of 35 lbs with DD1 but baby number two was the harder one to lose weight from. I have some weight on still from DD2.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 10:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i lost all the weight withen a month of my son being born, but i don't know if that was because of breastfeeding, because the same thing happened with my son who bottle fed. and i just ate normal healthy food.

breastfeeding was so much easier because i never had to worry about buying bottles, getting them ready in the middle of the night, taking them with me everywhere, cleaning them, buying the formula, worrying about running out of formula. i was the only one getting up in the middle of the night anyways to feed both of my sons so that wasn't a factor.

with breastfeeding all i ever have to do to feed him is pull up my shirt, pull down my bra. when i compare it with taking bottles with me to feed my 1st son, breastfeeding is heaven. plus, my breastfed son spat up way, way, way less than my bottle fed son. with the bottle, i had to change after almost every bottle. not with breastfeeding.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 10:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I ate/eat a lot of water and I try to eat healthy but I don't always do. I did lose 38lbs. (gained 26 while prego with my 3rd ) without even trying or exercising after my c-section within 2 weeks and I ate whatever my DH made me which wasn't always the best. Sounds like alot but I had alot of weight to lose before getting pregnant so now I have to work on those pounds. With my 1st an d 2nd I also lost all the weight right away, like within a few weeks also.

Breastfeeding is hard at first because it hurts and baby is still learning to latch on. It can take up to two to three or so months to really get it down. But once you and baby have it down its easy because your milk is always ready for the baby compared to getting bottles ready and cleaning them too. Plus breastfeeding is free.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i gained 60 pounds and lost in all in 3 months after birth! my dd could never latch so ive been exclusively pumping for over a year now! so i do double the work! lol i have the normal breast being full and pain and making milk and then i also have to wash bottles too! lol! so EP is not easy and is not for everyone! next time i want to breast feed on the breast! it will b so great to just pop out the breast and feed the baby! i dont have to warm the bottle or make the bottle! no formula spit up!! BM spit up is much easier to get out of clothes, in my experience!! join the breast feeding group on here if u need help with breast feeding they are great!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• its' easier at night when they're waking up constantly cuz then you don't have to listen to them cry as you make them a bottle you can just whip it out.

there's no real way to tell how much weight you lose by just breastfeeding alone... i worked out during my son's nap and lost it pretty fast...

I ate normal sized meals with snacks in between and drank a crap-ton of water
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• 1. I ate what I wanted. When I could!
    2. Lost every ounce in ten weeks. Because I never got to eat! But it all came back by six months. Pounds lost fast come back. With friends.
    3. No washing bottles made breastfeeding loads easier for me.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:03 AM on Feb. 22, 2011