WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I CANT GE T MY HUBBY TO SAY I LOVE YOU I SAY IT TO HIM AND HE WONT SAY IT BACK! WHEN I ASK WHY HE TELLS ME THAT I SHOULD ALREADY KNOW THAT HE LOVES ME OR I HATE SAYING IT(THIS ONE HURT) I ALWAYS SAY IT BC YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN! WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• I would tell him that it really hurts your feelings when he does not say it back. Did he used to say it to you and suddenly stopped or has he never said it?
    sweetsmo

Answer by sweetsmo at 10:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• HE USE TO SAY IT BUT IT WAS YEARS AGO!
    Anonymous

• I wonder why he stopped. I would just tell him that it really bothers you and you would like to hear him say it like he used to. If he doesn't say it still I would not say it to him anymore either. I'm sure he will notice and wonder why you don't say it anymore. Keep me updated.
    sweetsmo

Answer by sweetsmo at 10:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I would stop saying it to him. let him know how it feels.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Maybe you say it too much. I mean, I hated it when my ex would say it all the time and that made me never want to say it again. It feels meaningless, annoying, and a bit angering to have to sit there and reassure someone like that that you love them and such.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 10:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I believe the more you bug a man about something, the more he will resist. Especially with something like that. You wouldn't want to guilt him into saying anyway. Him saying it because he feels forced to would hurt more than him not saying it at all. Have things changed between you? do you feel like he's more distant? If so, the problem is deeper than 3 little words.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My SO is the same way. He will tell me more on "accident" than on purpose...like as we're hanging up the phone or something. I guess when it does slip it feels more natural anyway. Do you KNOW he loves you or is he just saying you SHOULD know. I KNOW mine does, and his actions speak louder than words (or lack there of in this case)
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2008