Have any of you taken some good diet pills that have actually made you lose weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• In 1999 I took Xenodrine, boy that was magic in a bottle. They altered the ingredients so it do not work the same.
    scmedicalasst

Answer by scmedicalasst at 9:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• There is no magic diet pill. You have to alter what you eat and exercise.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yes! Metabolife, but they took it off the market because of the Xenadrine, I think it was.

I've heard a lot of good things about this Healthe' Trim. I'm going to order some and I'll let you know how it works.
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 9:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The only kind of I ever took that worked are the kind you cant get now. The kind with ephedra in them. I heard Allie works pretty good but I dont think I'd like the side effects.
    Anonymous

• Diets & diet aids, if they even work, are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight & will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you, hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Start moving; do some sort of exercise, even walking, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least three times a week. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits/vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight and have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html Eat an apple or a pile of non-starchy veggies before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Please dont take drugs to lose weight.... its not worth it and REALLY does damage to your body...

Just learn how to take care of your body the way it needs and get moving.
    MrsDwyer77

Answer by MrsDwyer77 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Diet pills are death pills in a bottle, how many have been pulled for causing heart attack, stroke, kidney failure and liver failure? TOO many, their long term side effects (including deadly side effects) are never tested before being put on the market, so you take it thinking it has to be safe or it wouldn't be on store shelves and later you find you need dialysis for the rest of your life. Is it really worth it to be thin?

Some supplements out there even get pulled because tests find phen phen in them. All you need is a healthy lifestyle....eating healthy foods within your daily caloric needs and exercise to burn more calories than you put in. And you will lose weight, without worrying it will some day come back to haunt you.

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I remember taking Metabolife yrs ago ....it did work but the side effects were jittery hands & rapis heart beats so i STOPPED taking them. Diet pills don't always work & the effects are not forever, it takes will power & effort to loose weight and maintain it!
    mia1alex

Answer by mia1alex at 2:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have had a few family members try hydroxycut and along with eating well and working out hard they both lost and kept off a lot of weight. They were both overweight to begin with.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No. the only time i tried them was in high school and they made me sick and jittery.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011