Second baby shower?

I have a little boy who will be a little over 4 years older than the baby im expecting... im undecided about whether or not its appropriate to have a second baby shower??? If it is a girl this time i understand it could be acceptable but if its another boy since its been 4 years is that appropriate. i dont want to seem tacky or greedy... any suggestions??

mbright3747

Asked by mbright3747 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• each baby gets its own shower , where are you from /
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i would have another one :)
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 9:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Every baby deserves a party, I dont think it matters. I am having my second girl, DD is 2.5 and my grandma is throwing me a baby shower
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i live in ohio... a lot of people consider it greedy?? i think its perfectly acceptable... i dont see what the big deal is.
    mbright3747

Comment by mbright3747 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Round here....every baby gets their own shower. Doesn't matter how close they are in age. Of course, we LOVE to party...lol
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My mom made it very clear that my sister and I would only have baby showers for our first babies. When I had my second I had another girl and I really didn't need anything. I don't think it is greedy unless you are having a new kid every year and expect to get all new stuff, but it's just not how we do it in my family. If you are having a girl, you will need new stuff so I say go for it, if people don't like it the they don't have to come.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I think if someone else is throwing the shower for you then it is more acceptable. Also, since your children are farther apart I think it makes its more acceptable as well. My first two are 13 months apart. They are both boys. My mom had a shower for my first and said if my second would have been a girl she would have had another shower so I could've gotten some girl things. If you still have all your baby things you could just have a diaper shower.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yea i dont have ANYTHING from my first... nothing at all. so i figure if its a girl i will for sure but if its a boy i might consider having a little sprinkle shower thing
    mbright3747

Comment by mbright3747 (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I agree that every baby deserves their own baby shower regardless of the sex. Because a friend of ours was having a second girl we decided to have a diaper shower. Every guest brought diapers and they received a raffle for every package. Toward the end we raffled off a home-made gift basket full of all kinds of stuff from coffee to chocolate. We had more prizes for the guests. It was a huge success.
    ladybug8964

Answer by ladybug8964 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I think it is perfectly fine to have a second shower. I am sure there are things you need even if it is another boy. If you still have your big baby items and they are in good shape reuse them. Register for what you really need. I do not think it is being greedy. I would think most people would want to share in your joy. Baby showers are my favorite! Who doesn't like to buy for babies? If someone wants to give you a shower let them. Don't worry about what people think. If they don't want to come to your shower they don't have to. Congratulations on your upcoming little blessing!!!!!!!
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 10:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2011