has this happened to anyone?

my son is a week and a day old and the other day he peed and it hit his face and went in his eye now he has a cold in that eye . i keep cleaning it and put a warm compress on it. he has a doc appt friday. has this happen to anyone else sons?

shaynaj

Asked by shaynaj at 10:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pee is sterile it's probably unrelated
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• lmfao Noah has peed in his eye and in his mouth!! it was one of the funniest thing sever! hes perfectly fine tho!!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My son peed in his own face too.. it was the last time he sprayed when the diaper came off. I will NEVER forget his reaction. First time he sprayed he got the wall, second time hit the cat, third time he got his face - and never again. As other moms have said, it should be unrelated. (I admit I don't know what a "cold in his eye" is?)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• The pee probably had nothing to do with it. It is really common for little ones to get clogged tear ducts and that is what it sounds like. Kind of gooey, crumby stuff and is usually glued shut after a sleep, right? That is definitely a clogged duct. They go away on their own mostly, but it is always good to keep cleaning it with a warm, clean washcloth.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I agree, it's probably unrelated to the pee. My guy had a clogged duct, it looked awful! We had to massage it, which baby didn't like, but it went away within a week or two. You can ask your doc how to massage it on Friday. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:51 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• There is no such thing as a "cold in the eye." Urine is sterile, and shouldn't cause a problem with his eyes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Ha my son did the same thing as your serafyna! The first time he did it we had company over and ironically we were talking about how we haven't gotten the golden shower yet and 10 min later there he goes across the livingroom! Then like yours he hit the very curious cat who just doesn't have any luck then he hit himself in the face and it startled him then he cried for like 3 seconds then never did it again. It's probably completely unrelated my son has had an eye infection since he was born we've been treating it with vigamox drops. Your doc will know what to do.
    Daxsmommy08

Answer by Daxsmommy08 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2008