Custody battle continues ! help

ok so i recently won full custody of my daughter since her dad didnt respond to when i first filed for custody so i filed for motion default giving me my full custody, but now he decides to hire an attorney and take me to court which will be in march, she is 5 months old and has not been there for her at all or helped me out in any way, he also has a bad criminal record and a heroin problem, he is always threatening me and harrases me on a daily. so the court is going to be based on giving him a chance to get some custody but do chances look good for him ? he has told me himself its not because he cares for her, he just wants to make my life miserable by 'being stuck with him for the rest of my life'. we will be going to mediation before court so will they even listen to what i got to say ? he has nothing bad to say about me by the way, i am on good terms

chriskris

Asked by chriskris at 9:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honey, the first thing you should do is get a no-contact order, or an order of protection against him if he's harassing you. The courts will look at his priors, but you can also help yourself tremendously by documenting EVERYTHING that happens between you. As soon as it happens write it down.

I'm NOT a lawyer, but I DO watch a lot of the small claims court shows on TV. the moor proof you can show to promote your case the better it will be for you.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i do have a lot of txt msgs ! thank u
    chriskris

Comment by chriskris (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i agree court order for protection - he hasn't even seen/interest in daughter - no worries you must be young and he is older and still wants to run/rule your life wants you back you think
    nettalou

Answer by nettalou at 10:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yea he is older, almost in his 30's i just turned 23
    chriskris

Comment by chriskris (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• When you document your phone calls,etc. with him, make sure to write down the date & time as well as what was said. If he ever e-mails you, print out his e-mails as well. Make a file. And definietly get an order of protection!
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 10:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011