What To Do, What To Do?????

I'm a nanny for a fam of 3. (8,4,&1) I met this family through the daycare where I took care of the youngest child as a infant. I love the parents of the family. I absolutly adore the youngest child, the 4 yr old and I get along most of the time, and I just dont see eye to eye with the 8 yr old. I recently had a interview with another family from the same daycare who just gave birth to their 2nd baby 6 weeks ago and would like me to start in a month. This job excites me because I love both children and just the thought of caring for a inf again makes me = ) The new family isnt as flexible with their hours and wants me to work longer hours for the same amount as my current job. I dont know if I should go with the job where I can be happy with the children im with, or the job with the family that caters to my schedule. ( my schedule isn't really a big thing, but im young and sometimes need earlier days to hang out, babysit, or doctors appts) WHICH JOB DO I CHOOSE????

Kosto1120

Asked by Kosto1120 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Money & Work

• Hard to make those choices, I work full time and am starting my own business for when I am ready to leave. Check out the videos at www.goshaklee.info password wd00077, the is home based business.
    klangert

Answer by klangert at 2:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Tough call, but really you are in a good situation here. For starters, 8 year olds can be difficult, so don't take it personally. Your current job has the benefit of a flexible schedule. If the new family really wants to hire you away, they can't expect to do it for the same pay with longer hours. Try to negotiate a better deal. If they really want you, they will acknowledge that they have to compensate you fairly for leaving the job you have now. That is just common business sense. Either way consider yourself lucky. In a crappy economy where people struggle to find decent jobs, you have two options that both have benefits for you! Sounds like a win-win situation to me. Good luck deciding!
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• whichever job your heart tells you to go with, which is more impotant scheduling or happiness?
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 4:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• It always helps me to ask myself the question really fast ~ the first answer that pops in my head is usually what I want to do! :) Good luck choosing!
    MaggL6

Answer by MaggL6 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2008