Would you want your government to be in control of your health care?

Momxoxoxo

Asked by Momxoxoxo at 10:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• the government IS in control of my healthcare. works out pretty well.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Nope.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Not a chance
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• One) You can opt out of Tri care...meaning you have OPTIONS. If the govt controlled EVERYONES HC that wouldnt be the case. Your service wouldnt be so fantastic.

Two) If the govt is paying for EVERYONES Hc there wil be LESS MONEY. Less money means less for you to be able to get done.

Three) I was on military ins. It wasnt great. And it wasnt free.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Oh and NO I would NOT. This govt has bankrupted or is close to bankrupting or currupted everything it touches! WHY would I want them in charge if healthcare!?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• No but they have put themselves in charge.

And since they have done so, my family's h/c costs increased by several thousand dollars, it's so great, thanks so much!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• – collapse
    So you would sooner have insrance companies in charge of it ? From what I read here, they call the shots , are very expensive and do a poor job of it . I have UHC and guess what ? The doctors and patients call the shots, not insurance company or government bureaucrats .And no-one gets the creaming habjabs about it .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I have UHC and guess what ? The doctors and patients call the shots, not insurance company or government bureaucrats .

I don't understand how gov't isn't calling the shots in UHC since they are the ones in charge of it and funding it. It's paid for by tax dollars isn't it? The gov't collects the tax dollars and pays the doctors and all healthcare givers so aren't they essentially in charge of UHC?
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• umm...ours is free, and it works great. there are different tricare options. Prime is what we have and I love it for the most part.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• No. Even though I currently have Tricare, it is Tricare standard and I won't change that until I have to (meaning I'm old enough for Medicare ... if it's even still available at that point). I miss Champus. A LOT.

That being said, I don't TRUST the gubmint to be interested in, or care, about what is best for me. I don't trust the gubmint to provide the best for myself or my family. At this point that includes military doctors/nurses. Moncrief just sat on another basic recruit with pneumonia and didn't treat/missed something until he was almost dead ... and shipped him out to die at a civilian hospital. That same hospital neglected to do my PT after surgery years ago (spent 6 months instead of 6 weeks on crutches), and I watched the doc head out to go golfing (told me so in fact) rather than take my stitches out. He left it to an orderly ...

Anyone who actually wants gubmint health care deserves it imo.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011