Is reactive airway disorder the same as asthma?

My daughter has had some breathing episodes for several ears now. The pediatrician never said if it was asthma or not. Finally, the nurse practitioner said that in her file it says my daughter has reactive airway disorder. She said people get this and sometimes it is asthma and sometimes it is not, but when I looked online the research said RAD is just a term drs came up with bc they are too lazy to do a proper diagnosis. So is this asthma or not? And now they say she has exercise induced bronchial spasms, but the best they can do is tell me to give her Albuterol before she exercises or after an attack. Isn't there a better way to treat this, to prevent it from happening so often?

pce68

Asked by pce68 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Health

• Find a new Dr for your DD...it sounds like they are not adequately addressing your concerns and questions and that is not appropriate. It would make me question whether or not they are adequately addressing my DD's care as well.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2008