Do you still keep in touch with your first love?

If he is not your husband do you regret being with him?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, we're the best of friends.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 10:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• no
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• cowgirlno i don't keep in touch with my 1st love. i have nothing to say to him he is a serpent. i don't regret what we had though! it was an experience that i have learnt from thank goodness.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My would be husband is only my first love........
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yes, I am still in touch with my first love and he is not my husband. We were actually only 16 and 17 and dated for 3.5 years straight. There was about 3-4 years where we didn't talk much but eventually started writing emails again. Both, my husband and his gf know about us talking on a regular basis (which is only by email and facebook) and they are ok with it. We actually meant to visit them while living in Germany (my ex and his gf live in switzerland) but never made it. :)
    januarymom81

Answer by januarymom81 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Nope. But as far as I'm concerned, my Husband is my First Love because it it REAL and TRUE. My first was clearly NOT. lol. I regret being with him to a point ( he was abusive and controlling), but if I hadn't been with him, my life might have turned out differently and I love it exactly the way it is. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yeah we email every once in a while!! he is married and in the air force!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'm not exactly sure if my husband is my FIRST love...there were two guys that I was crazy about before him (one I dated, one I didn't). The one I dated, I thought I loved him, but at the same time, I really don't think so. The one I didn't, he's the one that I will always wonder "what if"...definitely not to the point that I even want to attempt to find out, but I was head over heels and I lost my virginity to him...but I'm still not sure if I could call it love.

Either one of those, I don't keep in regular contact, but the one I dated is now (recently) a friend on FB (he requested me) but we haven't written each other yet...and the other, I keep in more contact with him, but not every day, just an occasional "hey, how are you" or "hey, I'm bartending this shift if you wanna stop in and say hey..."

And yes, my husband knows...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 10:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• No - Our relationship ended badly.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I don't know who to caracterize as my first "love". The first boy I thought I loved/the first boy I kissed, we are friends on FB, we don't keep in touch besides the occasional how are you, which is how it should be. The first LT relationship I had, no, we don't keep in touch at all, I often wonder what happened to him and hope his future turned out better than I envision for him. (he had problems at home, and the way he was living could have ended badly)
    I have no regrets,about any of my past relationships, some were great fun, nothing was super serious, so there were no broken hearts, some taught me good lessons about what I did and did not want.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2011