How did you pick your kids names?

Mommyto2LilMen

Asked by Mommyto2LilMen at 10:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Baby Names

• my son is named Logan - when I was little, Logan's Run came on TV (back in the late 70s) - its a sci-fi, and I loved the name! Funny thing is, he hates sci-fi movies! lol

my daughter is autumn, i just always liked it. i wanted to name her autumn leaves but the ex wouldn't go fo it.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My husband and I decided on a girls name long before we had kids at all.  Our firstborn is Jeremiah Jr.  Our 2nd born has the female version of hubs name Jamiah, then I decided I wanted to stick with the "iahs" so our third is Makiah.  Now our 4th and last baby will be named Malakiah. 

Jeremiah Jamiah

Malakiah  Makiah      Absolutely love it, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• From hear my favorite song and tv shows.
    scmedicalasst

Answer by scmedicalasst at 10:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My mom came up with my daughtes name - it is a mix between me and my husbands name ...

my sons name is a name that we liked the best and it went with my daughters name.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Well, I liked Rick Springfield's character's name on General Hospital when I was a kid and never heard the name Noah other than in the Bible so I knew then I'd have Noah someday. Of course, so does everyone else now though!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Should start from the first letter of a parent and select a nice name from that. Simple......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• With my 1st it was like scene out of a movie. The whole time before we actually found out that it was a girl we were set on Milla for a girl. Once we actually had the ultra sound, we decided thats not it. We were sitting in the car and decided to write down the whole alphabet and each one of us came up with two names for almost every letter, then we looked over the list and decided none of those were it. We looked at eachother and said "Aleksandria" litterally at the same time, and that was it.
    With my 2nd girl, we couldnt compromise for a long time, and then one day Dhs mom asked what we were planning as the name and Dh said "Were not sure yet, maybe Lilliana." And I was like "Thats it, Lilliana" . The thing is, it never ever came up before in our conversations.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My husband loved the name Tabitha, and I love the name Lynn

Tabitha Lynn

Lynn is for my sister
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My oldest is Chad Richard. His dad (my ex-hubby) is Bradley Richard, and so we named Chad that way. My daughter is Brianne Nicole. We thought she was a boy, so we had picked Brian, when we saw she was a girl on the ultrasound, we added the "ne" to the end of her name. I intended to call her Nikki, but she was a preemie,and a friend said she was no bigger than a breeze, so she's been Breezi her whole life. My youngest is Kyndel James. I named him after my dad, Kenneth, and wanted to spell his first name different from the usual ways. James is after DH's grandfather. He goes by KJ, hates his name. LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I looked at names online for a long time. I loved calling my nephew Ry Ry, and i knew I wanted names that could have nicknames since I have such a short name, no one ever gave me a nickname growing up and i hated that XD
    when I came across Tyler it just sounded so boyish and right it just felt right that i would have a son named Tyler
    then I had to come up with the other twins name and was looking at T names because I'm ridiculous like that. and I came across Taden (like jayden) and I coudln't decide so I just said, I'll just start calling him Taden and see if it sticks and it stuck and it fits im SO well.
    for their middle names I wanted latin names because i love latin. I picked Maximus for taden and matthias for tyler and combined they m ean "the greatest" "gift from God" :)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2011