What do you think?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110220/ts_afp/scienceuspopulationfood heres the artical what do you think

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's another population control/force everyone to be vegan nutcase. I think that sending aid to poor/hungry countries is wrong ~ unless it is aid to TEACH them and get them started. Sending food only makes the problem worse. Every country should be working to be sustainable instead of relying on imports or aid to feed it's people.

That being said, I am very MUCH a fan of sustainable/permaculture farming practices ... and I wouldn't mind at all if every city on the planet folded. I manage to produce meat, eggs, dairy, AND my fruits and veggies on 5 acres of land (and I'm only using 3) with the exception of hay. I get that from the neighbor. Everything here goes in a cycle. Produce feeds us AND the critters, the critters provide meat, dairy, and fun (which is necessary imo), and both the garden and critters provide compost to grow MORE produce. I use gray water, a well, a septic, and solar as well. That is the answer!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Janet,

When the government or the U.N. tell the sciencetists here is your grant money, and this is the results we want or we will cut off your grant money. What do you think the scientist are going to come up with?

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I think I do not trust science, in light of the global warming scandal. Especially when those "scientists" are being used by the most corrupt organization in the world----the UN.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• cont. ~ Cities are unsustainable no matter HOW you look at it. The people in them only consume what they need ~ they do not produce. They require additional resources to truck what they need in ... and they use what they need so they can make money to buy 'things' that aren't needed and require even more resources.

Poor areas (infertile, flooded, arid, etc.) need to either be changed to accomodate producing, or people need to move/curtail population. This would happen naturally if other countries didn't send aid. If outside countries send aid it should be with the understanding that they also distribute it and have a right to protect their aid workers ... meaning 'take over' ... and that really isn't a viable solution.

Simply dropping the reproduction/population rates or going vegan is NOT the answer either. Only sustainable is going to fix things ... but cities/poor areas aren't listening and many just don't care.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Janet, the earth has gone through global warming and cooling periods since before humans walked around on it. Climate change IS a fact, but humans aren't the ones causing it (which is part of that scandal) and they can't stop it (another part of the scandal) no matter HOW much money a handful of people make by convincing them to buy their snake o ... er warming credits (the rest of the scandal).

I'm with Carpy 100% on this one. The fact that even one scientist was willing to lie/falsify data/manipulate data so that they got boocoo grant funding to cater to politicians who wanted to sell snake o ... er warming credits tells me that scientists are NOT worth trusting.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• When the government or the U.N. tell the sciencetists here is your grant money, and this is the results we want or we will cut off your grant money. What do you think the scientist are going to come up with?

Pretty much a "NO SHIT" moment, isn't it??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• "We want to minimize population growth, and the only viable way to do that is through more effective family planning," said Casterline.

Family planning is not exclusive to newborns. Seems to me that they are trying to use their prog/marx scientist to scare people into accepting euthanasia. Eliminating the sick of all ages, will be presented as a compassionate favor, not to mention, a huge burden off of the incoming collective, for soc. sec. and disability programs. They will never have to pay out the money that they have already spent, how nice. (This kind of craziness is looking more possible everyday...)

God has always provided for His children and He will continue to do so...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• REAL science is NEVER "settled!!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:27 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• . Just go the arctic and see for yourself, talk to the people there .

The people there laugh at the global warming gurus, just as I am laughing at you.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• . It is happening now and the science is irrefutable

The "science" that stated the earth was flat once said it was irrefutable.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011