Why am I crying?

My exfiance told me today that he asked his current girlfriend (one of the women I caught him cheating on me with) to marry him and she accepted. We were together for 4 years and have been broke up for a year. I don't love him anymore and I don't understand why I am crying.
We had a baby together plus I have 4 other kids that are my exhusbands. He loves all my kids and has seen them a few times since we split and they have even hung around his girlfriend. He asked me if my daughter could be their flower girl along with our daughter who is 2 yrs. old. I just stood there shocked and said I would have to let them know. I have no idea how my daughter is going to react to this. She is 11 and was very upset when we split and has told me that she wanted him to be her stepdad and couldn't wait to be the flower girl in our wedding. I don't know what to do about this. Part of me feels like that they have a lot of nerve even asking me this. I was very hurt by what he did. He was cheating on me with multiple women for 2 years of our relationship. I don't know if I should let my daughter do this or not. And I really wish I would stop crying...

hoping73

Asked by hoping73 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• well his bio daughter should be a flower girl but your 11 year old daughter has the right to choose, it is her decision.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Absolutely not! He has hurt you and your daughter, as well. It's time to close the curtain on this guy. He is getting married to another woman, so let him go completely.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 12:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'd say this is a tough one.
    I'm sorry he cheated, but it does sound like he loves your kids. I think their asking for her to be the flower girl is a compliment, but if your daughter doesn't want to do this or it makes her sad, then I would respectfully decline.
    I think that sometimes a person can prove to be a crappy husband or SO, but still love the children involved.

as for you crying, I'd say it's normal. You have a history with this man and I think that part of us always hopes that for the rest of their lives they will sit around pining away for us and die miserable and alone :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 21, 2011