C section procedure

so a few of my friends who have had multiple c sections said on their second ones their surgeon cut above their previous incision and cut away some skin getting rid of some of the loose skin it may cause like an inch or inch and a half of skin. has this happened to any of you or is it something you can request? funny questiuon and i was suprised when my friends told me this but wondering if its true? or if any of you have heard of this??

mbright3747

Asked by mbright3747 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• All 3 of mine were done right on top of each other. No c-sect tummy tuck for me I have heard of it but never actually met anyone who has had it done.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I've had 5 c-sections and with each one they cut right on top of the previous incision although with the last two they cut away all the scar tissue to clean up the area when they sewed me up (more so on the uterus than my skin).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I haven't heard of it before. I know in my C-sections, I had 2 up and down procedures that were done for emergency reasons. The second up and down one they cut over the same incision but removed some scar tissue and my last one was the lower cut ceserian.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• hmmm im wondering how the friends im referring to got so lucky! im going to ask my doctor about it! lol
    mbright3747

Comment by mbright3747 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Not sure, but here's a bump.
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 6:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My doc asked me if I wanted one on my 2nd pregnancy, but I thought he was joking! They really do this? I've had 4, and never had it done.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011