Pack my bags

when should i pack my bags for the hospital so i dont have to worry about them at the last minute??

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i did mine a week and 1/2 before my due date. i will say though i changed my mind on things that were in the bags a hundred times lol. i made a check list and packed what i needed, toilettries, books mags, snacks,clothes that were strechy and comfy and warm. clothes for the baby.. the baby book ( the kind u write in ) and carmra. brush ect.... but i wanted to be ready incase he came early or in the middle of the night. he started to come at 330am. best of luck :)
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• 3 week before I was due.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 11:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I never packed a bag! This was my first pregnancy and I was very laid back and relaxed about the whole situation. Ironically enough I went into labor 2 weeks prior to my due date. It was all good though, I drove home got my stuff and headed to hospital and delivered my baby girl the next morning. But it would be in your best interest to pack your bag about 2 weeks out from your EDD.
    MRS.DnG

Answer by MRS.DnG at 11:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I did it about 32 weeks, but I had a list of the other things that would need to be packed (face wash, tooth brush, phone and camera chargers, etc), which was good, because we went to the hospital without the bag, and DH had to come home and get it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I pack about 36 weeks.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I packed what I could at 32 weeks (everything for baby) and everything else I need for myself I have a list of. That way I'm not scrambling or forgetting anything.
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• they say to do it a month before just in case. i was induced with my first and am pretty sure i did it the night before.. oops
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 12:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• At 32 weeks is when I packed my bags cus my daughter had dropped and I was 1 cm dilated .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• With my first, I packed while I was in labor because I hadn't done it yet. (It was 35 weeks.) With my second and third, I packed them before my 34 week appointment. Make sure you put it in the car before you go to your doctor's appointment each week, just in case. In fact, with the third, I left my bag in the car from 34 weeks on, just in case.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:10 AM on Feb. 21, 2011