Really? Are some of these posts for real?

I know there's more drama out in the world than I could ever imagine, but some of these posts seem so full of shit that I want to call them out on it. BUT I don't, because they really could be true.

If a person is beating you, controlling you, threatening to kill you if you leave - are they really going to let you get on a webpage and post that you are being beaten and threatened?

(sorry to offend those who might actually be in those situations, but some seem so far fetched that its sad.)

autbot

Asked by autbot at 10:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Well...we can sit here and say it's ridiculous, but it just may in fact be someone's life. Not for us to judge.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• That's a really good point.
    cocobrown28

Answer by cocobrown28 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I read an answer the other day that said there should be a "whine" category on Cafemom.  I am in total agreement because of the ridiculous stuff that goes on here.  What I hate are the ones who post stuff like that, get moms who have better things to do with their time, all riled up and giving advice and sticking up for them.  But then the poster shoots down every option that's put out there.  Well, did you want advice or did you just want a pity me party.  Nothing wrong with a pity me party but at least say that, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yeah its sad because sometimes you can really tell people are doing it for attention. if people never lied abut that crap for attention then people who REALLY needed advice or help could get it. people who lie about that shit are making it harder for people who are really in trouble to get help.
    cut the shit you guys, grow up and go lie on myspace.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I agree with you on most of it ( I have read some that I KNOW has to be fake) ... but I want to comment on the thing about being able to get online when you are in an abusive relationship --- My cousin was in a SUPER abusive relationship .... he threatrened her, beat her, everything....but yet she was still online everyday !
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 11:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*Probably Not*~... or at least those Anon ones are proabably fake?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'm not in an abusive relationship at all....there you go judging again!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• rolling on floorLMAO

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 11:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I know some are just for attention. Some people just like to start shit or make people feel sorry for them. Others are true. I think discernment is the best option.
    VeritasAequita

Answer by VeritasAequita at 11:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• bump

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2011