• In the Spotlight:

What kind of 40th birthday party did you have or would like to?

Did you have a surprise party? Were you asked what you wanted to do for your special day? Did you have to drop hints? Was it themed? Please give some details as to what would make a special 40th celebration of you.

Philly247

Asked by Philly247 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think 40 is a big deal, you should get something special - party or something. PARTY ON MOMMA! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT ONE!
    happy early birthday to you happy early birthday to you happy early birthday dear philly247 happy early birthday to you
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 11:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Work had stuff for me - decorations, food, cake, it was fun. My family - nada. Wait, dinner at o'charlies, nothing special and it did hurt my feelings.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I turned 40 and I had nothing and I admit, I was disappointed that DH acted like it was whatever. We didn't even get to spend the day doing stuff together like we had planned. But I organized a 60th birthday surprise for my MIL (which was held 13 days later). The theme was flowers and butterflies. But 40th, I don't know.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Oh, ladies, I'm so bummed for you. I am in less than two weeks turning the big 4-0 and know that no one has even thought about it. I kinda feel selfish but not. lol
    Philly247

Comment by Philly247 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My DH planned a surprise party but I suspected something and asked the kids, who could not keep a secret. So we turned the tables on the guests and surprised them. My mom and a friend we supposed to take me for a spa day and did a lame job of it. So I didn't feel bad for fooling them. I had fun, but truth be told, I would have liked to just spend the day with DH like we've done for the past 2 years.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I know you didn't ask about 50th, but it would work for 40th, too. I gave myself a Prom for my 50th! I had never been to one, (I dropped out to get married), and most of my friends and family hadn't been to one either. I made myself a long blue gown, made my own invitations, rented a hall, made tiara's and sashes that said Drama Queen, Prom Queen, Prom King... My cousin is a photographer so he took "Prom Pictures". I had a wedding arch that I bought from Michael's that I decorated with flowers and leaves and used that for the pictures. My niece and nephew were DJ's through part of it and just had music that I had downloaded onto cd's. Everyone put their names in a hat and I picked out of the hat a Prom Queen and Prom King. It was BYOB and I just had munchies and spinach dip, etc. My best friend even surprised me with a Singing Elvis impersonator! (I LOVE Elvis!) It was a really fun night and VERY memorable.
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 11:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• my 3 girls took me to a local casino resort and my oldest and youngest daughters took their brother swimming me and my other daughter who had just turned 18...well we hit the black jack table and then we all had lunch....got back from all that right when my husband was coming home from work and asked why we would spend the day at the casino swimming and eating and playing black jack.....he was clueless it was my birthday and to top that off nobody sent me any cards or called...I live 300 miles from friends and was hoping somebody remembered...no just the kids
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:26 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'm don't have to think about that for quite awhile. Knowing dh he wil probably send me an over the hill balloon or something, and he's 6 years older than me!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would love to have a suprise party, just because my dh would have to plan it.....I threw him one this past December, so now its his turn! Well in 6 years anyway! LOMBO
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• For 50th my brother bought me a motor cycle and i love it.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2011