I dreamt that my baby died...what on Earth is wrong with me??

I've been sick, like really sick here lately and having crazy dreams but last night I had a dream that has been bothering me ever since...it gives me a horrible horrible feeling and I can't shake it from my memory.

I dreamt that I was rocking my 16 month old to sleep and she was wiggling around and almost fell off the side of the chair so I grabbed her real quick and when I did he neck snapped back and I heard a huge cracking sound. I held her really close to me and then looked down and her eyes were rolling around in her head and she started convulsing and then she died in my arms. My grandmother was sitting in front of us and I was screaming and sobbing at the top of my lungs but my Grandma didn't move a muscle.

Have you ever had such a terrible dream? I'm so freaked out about it. I can't even express how upset I am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• By sick I mean the flu, not like mentally twisted or something haha.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I've had these dreams lots of times.  It's overwhelming to be a parent and protecting them from everything.  It can get to ya!  Cut yourself some slack mama.  I understand how horrible the feelings can be but remember that it is your job to protect your child and obviously you are taking it seriously. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Oh wow...that must have been a horrible dream, but that's just what it is a dream. Try not to let it bother you so much.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• try writing about it. idk if youre into writing or not but maybe write the dream down every detial and jsut write and write and dont stop and dont think bout it just write. write the dream and write what youre thinking while youre remembering the dream and maybe the answer will come to you maybe you'll realize something. or maybe you wont, but maybe writing it down will get it out of you, away from you, take it out of you and onto paper that you can throw away. lift that burden off you.

i sound crazy
    i apologize
    good luck
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I have had some terrifying dreams like that with my little girl. I just sat down and talked to my family about it and they helped me thru it. I known everything was going to be okay.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• You're not alone. I sometimes dream that something happens to my son, like he falls and hits his head or something. I know the fear you feel, I go into panic mode when that happens.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• yeah i think everyone gets them, i had a dream my daughter got shot in a grocery store. i woke up screaming. u just have to remember its a dream and brush it off..
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 12:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2011