Has anyone gone to Williamsburg VA with their kids?

Did you go there with your kids? Did they love it? Or was it too history-based? What were your favorite spots? You can include anything that you liked about your visit: food, amusement park, place of stay, etc.

Philly247

Asked by Philly247 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Travel

• I would begin by looking at the local Williamsburg websites. We tried to go last summer, but ended up having to turn back because of an emergency (long story). We will be making the trip again this summer. From my research, there is a lot for children to do. They do have Busch Gardens, but if you make the trip to Williamsburg, take the time to visit all of the historical landmarks. Have fun!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• no , but i would like to
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• only thing we do when we go there is busch gardens. not many rides for the little ones though, so we haven't brought them yet. we live only about 30 away from there. i've went to busch gardens every summer for as long as i can remember, with the exception of when we moved for a couple of years. even then i came for one summer to go with friends.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I'm a huge history buff so I feel sorry for my son because he's going to have to deal with visiting historical places all the time, lol. We haven't taken him to Williamsburg yet because he's so young but he'll be 3 this summer so I think we might take a weekend trip down there. He might not retain much but I still think the experience can be fun for him. Its a new place with new things to look at.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 12:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011