How do you single momma's cope with loneliness?

I've tried dating, and right now, it's just not practical. Between working and taking care of my 5 month old son, I just don't have the time or energy to put into getting to know someone or even meeting someone. I realize it's just probably not the right time, but I still feel lonely, and I still long for the companionship that comes with having a relationship. How do I deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• my twins are 18 months. I haven't dated anyone since I was 7 months pregnant and that was a four week dudddd haha
    I haven't had the time :P. but i agree its so hard. I'm super lonely. I just keep thinking that someday I will meet the right guy and i look forward to that day. I know i need to start getting involved in some things where I could meet the right guy, like church and stuff like that so I'm working on planning to do some of those things
    but ive just been taking it a day at a time. thats all you really can do <3
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It will pass until then let love come to yo
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 11:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It's really hard for me sometimes too and you just have to get through it and that is a crappy answer I know. Sometimes I cry and sometimes I get angry. I have tried to date as well and the guys just keep flaking out and I feel like it's because of my kids and that really makes me angry. The thing I miss the most is sleeping next to someone. Someone's suggestion to me was to get a body pillow. Right...like that's the same thing. I feel ya girl and it just gets better with time and try not to focus on it even though I know it's extremely hard not to when you sit there alone.
    VeritasAequita

Answer by VeritasAequita at 11:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• good luck - i'm in the same boat.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 11:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• fingers crossed

~*Stop Looking*~... that is when the "right one" comes along! In the mean time focus on the munchkin, pictures for them to have in the future, memories created and recorded, and what is best for the "lil man"... and I can bet you that the man worth your time and safe/positive for your child will enter your life!!!

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• it helped me to reach out to friends and go on more play dates and things like that.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Stop looking! I have been by myself for 6 yrs. No relationship at all. No, nothing is wrong with me but I realized that I didn't want to be on the merry-go-round of messed up relationships that I had been on before my son was born. He deserves better and I finally realized that I deserve better too. I have taken this time without a man in my life to work on me and let God work on me too. Believe me when I tell you that I was broken, emotionally unavailable, felt self loathing, resentful of my life, and resentful of the men in my life. I was hurt and angry and I felt abandoned by my son's father, by my folks, and by God.
    There is nothing wrong with wanting a man in your life but let him earn the right to be in your life and in your children's lives. Realize that you can have a warm body laying next to you and still be lonely.
    CarlaAna

Answer by CarlaAna at 1:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Work on you. Work on being the best mom you can be. Work on being the best co-worker you can be. Inspire or go find something inspirational to watch/read/listen to. We single momma's need all the inspiration we can get. Don't be afraid to hope for better for yourself. Quit settling for average. Your children are not holding you back from "the one". They are helping you for "the one".
    Oh and if you are going to go to church, don't go to find a man. Any man worth his salt will not be going to church to look for a wife. That is the time that you are supposed to be focusing on getting the help that you need. Unfortunately, not all churches are built the same and not all congregations are examples of God-fearing people. I hope this helps whoever reads it. Best to you all!
    CarlaAna

Answer by CarlaAna at 1:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2011