Anyone producing milk 7 months after not nursing?

I nursed my DD for 14 months. It has been 7 months since I last nursed her and I still produce milk. If my nipples get pressure, I have milk that will come out. My DH and I are trying to conceive our second and I was recently ovulating. My nipples are now extremely sore, itchy and leaky. Any thoughts??

StellaNicole09

Asked by StellaNicole09 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i leaked a little bit of milk for oh geez at least six or seven months after i stopped nursing. not a ton, not like my breasts would fill and feel full, just if any pressure was applied they leaked. sounds very similiar. mine have stopped so I don't feel like it was abnormal. however I never asked a doctor so lol yeah but it happened to me also
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*Gross*~... and can't believe I am admitting this.. my eldest son is 15 and I've produced milk since he was born... didn't have the next child until ten years after him... have a 15 year old, 5 year old, and 3 year old... and still produce milk to this day!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My son is now seven and weaned himself at 9 months old. I stopped lactating when I was pregnant with my daughter. She'll be 4 in March, weaned herself at 9 months as well and I can still hand express some if I try.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• girl if you're lucky enough to keep producing milk, you should be donating it
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 12:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I always keep producing it after weaning. I have no idea why. I'm guessing hormonal issues? IDK. I would call my ob/gyn in your situation because that does not sound fun.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2011