Can i handle this pregnancy mentally?

Now that I know I'm keeping the baby, I'm starting to get scared of the actual pregnancy. I'm scared of how it's going to feel, I'm scared of the pain. I'm scared of doing something wrong. I'm scared of feeling the baby move around. Is it really that difficult??

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• everyne gets scared this is my second one im still scared but honestly honey noone can tell yu if you can handle it it is diff for everyone but im sure you can
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• hun @ 1st everyoes scared!!! it just comes naturally i promise.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• No, you are putting unwanted stress on yourself. The more you stress the worse the pregnancy will go. So relax and take it one day at a time. You will do just fine. Were you not wanting to keep it? Sorry if you had a previous post I didnt see it.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 11:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• No! It's really not, don't be scared to feel the baby move, that's the best part of pregnancy! You can get meds for the pain, the epi pinches but takes away the labor pains. As of doing somethign wrong, it will come to you. Every Mom is a new Mom at some point. I'm glad your keeping the baby, just relax!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You will be ok. {{{HUGS}}} I am not going to sugar coat this at all. It is going to hurt when you have the baby, It is going to hurt A LOT. But honestly as soon as you see your baby all the pain is gone. I use to think people that said that were crazy but it is really true. And about feeling the baby move...It will be the most amazing thing you will ever feel in your life. I was really scared the first time I got pregnant too but I did it and did it 3 times!
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You will be fine.... are there pregnancy care centers in your town... they help first time mom's on what to expect what to do what not to do etc.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 11:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Pregnancy is really crazy. I read as many books as I could and made lists of questions to ask my doctor at each appointment. Also, I kept a journal (it ended up being more of a daily rant complete with every swear word and tear known to man kind...) and that helped A LOT. For me, the first 3 months were very hard (I had all-day "morning" sickness and was very tired) but I managed. By the fourth month, it got a lot better. I started to enjoy my pregnancy and began to get really excited. The last 2 months are uncomfortable, because you are so large and anxious about labor. But, like everyone is saying- the pain is totally worth it. I can't wait to expand my family!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It's the hardest thing you'll ever do, but also the greatest, most rewarding experience you could ever imagine. Congrats!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i was scared to but now that i am closer to haveing my baby im excited i love feeling her move and i love listing to her heart beat at the docs
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 20, 2008