How do you deal?

My "lovely" ex called the police tonight and accused me of abusing my daughter. He has a pattern of playing games and considering the custody a guideline. He finally dropped my dd off 3 hours past her bedtime!

He is a real piece of work: he rarely feeds her when she is at his house, when he does it is candy or junk food, she has been exposed to porn with him, he performs unlicensed tattoos with her in the house, should I go on?

What should I do and how do I deal?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 11:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• if she was exposed to porn. omg i would flip shit if that was my kid. I'd call CPS on him so they can investigate. can't he get introuble for not following the custody agreement????
    this makes me soo mad to think about.
    call cps on him.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• ~*Keep Records*~... and show the judge it is about the best interest of the child not nitpicking each other or using the child as a pawn... best advice I can give!

In the mean time, hold your breath... and tongue!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• The porn thing happened when she was 2-3 and CPS was involved!!!
    I have issued a number of Show Causes because he has not abided by the order a number of times.
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Yikes! I hope things move in your favor. Porn at 2-3 years old...........disgusting! He's obviously not making wise choices in her best interest.................the courts make me sick sometimes in the search for political correctness. Best wishes that you can lose him and your daughter no longer has to deal with him.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I know u probably don'ty want to hear this, but at least she didn't understand what it was she was watching, although its still wrong.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If he can't abide by a court order, I don't think that he deserves any kind of custody. A child shouldn't be exposed to porn or be eating junk food all the time. I hope you have kept records of the phone calls with the police whether it be from your or him. I would also have to take him to court and get full custody of her.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would take him back to court for violation of custody agreement. I would also document EVERYTHING that happens during interactions y'all have. PROVE to the courts that he's a negligent parent.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• re petion the courts and if there is not an order already simply dont let him see her until he can get his stuff together. good luck.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2011