Stretch Marks

What worked best for you with reducing stretch marks? i've only heard of using cocoa butter is that the best way to go?

gummy714

Asked by gummy714 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my sister in law told me the cocoa butter didnt do anything for her... I havent tried anything. and i had twins. I'd love to figure this one out :/
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I use mederma for my scars and it works amazingly! When I heard they made a cream specifically for stretch marks I was thrilled! I plan to use that if I get any. I still have 3-6 weeks to get them, so I guess we'll see. I've heard good things about it though.
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• maybe olive oil? i've heard it's just mostly keeping it moisturized
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 12:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Nothing really prevents them. I like the Cocoa butter stretch mark cream for the itching and uncomfortableness of stretching skin, except for the awful smell. I like Lamaze stretch mark salve, except for the color and staining issues. It can leave oil stains on your shirts and it is orange, so I've got a couple white tanks that got an orange discoloration on the belly. It feels really, really nice, though. I especially like to use it before I go to bed. I also like the St. Ives collagen and elastin lotion.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I personally think they are hereditary for the most part, of course if anyone gains a ton of weight in a short time their bound to get them but I also like the cocoa butter because its the only theing that relieves the itching!!
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• that's what I was afraid of=( my mom got horrible ones while preggo with me. so I am trying to prevent as much as I can!!
    gummy714

Comment by gummy714 (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2011