UPDATE What do you think... Braxton Hicks or contractions?

(this was the original post earlier today)
Ok, I am 34 weeks tomorrow, and my Dr. told me that I am at risk for preterm delivery. I was 90% effaced and not dialated a week ago. She told me to go to the hospital if I start feeling any contractions.

About every 20-35 minutes my belly gets super rock hard(for about a minute) and I feel pinches(about 10 seconds long each) in my abdomen and my right side on my back. The pain of the pinches is not getting worse. And I feel my daughter moving consistently, but the movement is in places I havent felt before. The kicks/movement that I am feeling seems like its inside my vagina right at my pelvic bone.

So what do you think is that Braxton Hicks or contractions??

____________________
So I called my doctor and she told me to go to the hospital since im only 34 weeks and they would monitor me for labor. By the time I got to the hospital, everything stopped. They monitored me for 2 hours and said I was having Braxton Hicks, but I am still at a high risk for preterm delivery so if they start again with a little bit of pain, to come back. I felt bad I had to go to the hospital, but they said its better to be safe than sorry. Thank you to everyone who gave me advise and offered their imput!

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 12:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• ~*Smiles*~... when real labor hits, you will be trying to pick yourself up, and various positions to help stop the pain!!! belly getting rock hard and so forth... will lead you into labor! water break yet or that mucus plug.. ~*Gross*~... but that would cause them to keep you
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Sounds like BH. When I had contractions I felt pressure (TMI) in my rectum too.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• You are to go to the hospital when they are like 5 minutes apart steady for about an hour.
    Ebuttens

Answer by Ebuttens at 1:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• aww im sorry to hear that i get contractions and pain all the time and go to the hosp cuz im high risk i feel so bad for going into the hosp just to be sent home a few hours later. iv been admitted twice for like 2 or 3 days at a time and that just sucks lol
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 21, 2011