I hate him!!! (a vent)

My ex beat me for years and now everytime I see him I just want him to suffer like he made me suffer. I'm not a mean person but I just feel like he gets away with everything and I have so much anger towards him. Is this normal? I'm honestly not a violent person but I just wish I could take a bat to his head... Sorry I am just so hurt and I fel helpless....( don't worry I wouldn't ever take a bat to his head )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• What you're feeling is completely normal. It could be helpful to find a counselor to work through this. There are also support groups for women who have escaped abusive relationships.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:29 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... are you able to move "away" from him??? Maybe a fresh start is what is eeded, and more time to grieve, and move forward with your life
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I am looking for my own place at the moment. I see a counsler tuesday... but I am so angry, and I know it sounds stupid but I still love him and he has some srt of "control" of me.... I wish I could never see him again but because we have as child in common I have to
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Work out that anger so you don't end up in jail while someone else is raising your kids. That thought is what kept me out of jail for wanting to hurt my x too

Answer by admckenzie at 12:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It's perfectly normal. Sending you (((((((HUGS)))))))
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Honey, Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin. They represent opposite ends of the "passion spectrum". It is 100% normal for you to go from love to hate. When you can look at him and feel absolutely nothing, completely neutral, then will you be truly over him.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• it is very normal to be angry but please seek help and learn how to let go...my dad used to beat my mom and she spent decades being angry about the abuse and having to raise 3 kids alone..she fianlly drank herself to death because she held on to the anger...anger is normal but it can be destructive
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Don't let this fool control the way your feel

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    None but ourselves can free our mind.
    BOB MARLEY will cheer u up...
    You should listen to this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFGgbT_VasI
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 1:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I can understand you feeling that way. You should try to forget that he exists if you can, don't let him ruin more of your life. Don't ever let anyone treat you that way again, you are better than that, all women are. Perhaps you should try some counceling.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2011